Wednesday, April 14, 2010
I like to showcase blogs that catch my attention now and then. This one, Weekly Spectre, gave me a beautiful blogger award--I'm so honored! I got one recently and I so appreciated it. It came with the command to list 7 things no one knew about you. I've done it before, but it's so freakin' fun.
1. I used to twirl the short flag in high school (basically a batton twirler with a flag on it), also swords and rifles.
2. I used to run a self-help group for anxiety disorder sufferers, gave lectures, workshops and wrote articles translated into many languages around the world. I sponsored a lot of people through the process of not letting phobias, panic, and anxiety get in the way of taking control of their thoughts and emotions.
3. I had cervical cancer when I was 17 (mom took DES during her pregnancy). After three attempts, they were able to remove it all and no chemo, but it did change a lot my attitude about life from a young age. Now, you know why I'm doing 12 things at one time and enthused about them all!
4. I'm very much into sustainable gardening and eating "live" food.
5. I love to dance and sing (both mediocre) but I still do it!
6. I was in a lot of pageants in the past including Miss Arizona USA.
7. I was once the toteboard girl for the cerebral palsy telethon on TV--the model chick that changes the numbers on the board as money comes in.
at 9:02:00 AM