Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Quiz: How Vast Is Your Movie Knowledge?
Julie and I are planning another day trip for the work on our book "Abandoned Places: Abandoned Memories" (Desert Edition). We're heading to Florence, AZ area and going to get more pictures and more psychic readings on abandoned spots, stopping by one of the most creepy ass desert cemeteries from a town that got washed away long ago. Hopefully, do some meditation inside of a medicine wheel and film the inside of a freaky ass WWII POW hospital museum. So, next Thursday expect some weird stuff to start going up on the blog. Well, not like there isn't always weird stuff on here. We have a few trips planned and some strange filming. No doubt as it's turning to October, Dale the Doll will lose his freaking mind. Then, there'll be lots of giveaways and creepy weird stuff, so enjoy from now through our season, it's going to be a freaky ride.
See if you can name the movies these memorable lines came from; they’re from lots of genres…
1. “I have nipples, Greg. Could you milk me?”
2. “That was my skull! I'm so wasted!”
3. “I am NOT going to New York to meet some woman who could be a crazy, sick lunatic! Didn't you see Fatal Attraction?”
4. “First I’m going to use you as a human shield then take the endoscopic trocar from the table and kill him with it. Then I was thinking about breaking your neck.”
5. “It would never leave him. It would never hurt him or shout at him or get drunk and hit him or say it was too busy to spend time with him. And it would die to protect him. Of all the would-be fathers that came over the years, this thing, this machine, was the only thing that measured up. In an insane world, it was the sanest choice.”
6. “I met him, fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding; even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, good or evil, right or wrong. I get this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face and, the blackest eyes... the *devil's* eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... *evil*.”
7. “Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?”
8. “Martin hates boats. Martin hates water. Martin... Martin sits in his car when we go on the ferry to the mainland. I guess it's a childhood thing. It's a... there's a clinical name for it isn't there?”
9. “People break down into two groups. When they experience something lucky, group number one sees it as more than luck, more than coincidence. They see it as a sign, evidence, that there is someone up there, watching out for them. Group number two sees it as just pure luck. Just a happy turn of chance.”
10. “You haven't spent much time around cemeteries, have you? It's impossible that Mr. Thorwald could bury his wife in a hole the size of one square foot. Unless he put her in standing on end, in which case he wouldn't need the knives and saw.”
Okay, now scroll down and see you scored.
1. "Meet the Parents"
2. "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"
3. "Sleepless in Seattle"
4. "True Lies"
5. "Terminator 2"
7. "Army of Darkness"
10. "Rear Window"
8-10: You are seriously a movie guru!
6-7 You have a wide movie knowledge and can feel confident you are well educated.
3-5: You only watch movies when the mood hits you. You can take them or leave them. You may be to genre-specific in your choices.
1-2: Wow, you really do read books, don’t you?
at 1:00 AM