Sunday, May 16, 2010
Back in 2008 when I started the blog, I made a list of 10 places I most want to ghost hunt. It's changed slightly over the years and I thought it'd be fun to make a new list.
10. Wat Promkunaram Buddhist temple. This is in AZ and it's where monks were murdered while in prayer. I believe that places of spirituality and death at moments of spiritual communion could create more activity.
9. Bird Cage Theater, Tombstone, AZ. I know, right in my own backyard, but I haven't gotten there yet and I would very much like to. I have lots of theories about the mining towns and I think it would be a blast.
8. Poveglia Island, Italy. It had been used during black plague and as a mental hospital. With so much death, surrounded by water that seems to energize things...I feel it has great elements for a wonderful haunt.
7. St. Augustine Lighthouse, Florida. I'm just curious if what TAPS found there was genuine phenomenon and I have theories on lighthouses--the structure and shape and the repeated activity involved in running it, should make it a great haunting locale.
6. Chernobyl. Sounds like a nasty place to go, but I have a theory that the breakdown of nuclear matter creating more neutrinos would actually make it a remarkable place to be haunted.
5. Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum. I have evaluated the qualities of this institution and I deem it the most haunted place in America. I'd like to be able to prove my haunted formula there.
4. Hashima Island, Japan. This is an abandoned mining island in Japan. The entire town, just up and left the island... Amazing place! With water crashing around it, I think this might be an active site.
3. Sommerou. This was my father's family home in Norway. I think the family history would be permeated in this place and the house saw a lot of really troubled generations.
2. Newpoint-Comfort Lighthouse, Mobjack Bay, VA (photo above). This is one of those places that I played in as a kid and strange things happened and it the most amazing feel to it. It so impressed me that in a manuscript I'm writing, I wrote a chapter for the characters based on this lighthouse and what happened there.
1. Aspen Grove, Fairfax, VA. My childhood home. It not only was a field hospital during the Civil War for the North and South at different times during the war, but my father, mother, sister, brother, and dear family friend vowed to haunt it and have since passed away. If I can't find ghosts there--they don't exist and I'll hang up my tools!
at 7:04 PM