Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Urban Sasquatch Journal: Neglected and Discouraged

LINK to all installments

NOTE: Green highlighter is done on the items that were moved between visits.

April 18, 2014

I needed to see what the situation was at the park area at night. Nearby, there were soccer fields with trash containers and trash containers near the picnic area just across the road from the soccer fields. I couldn't help pondering such a readily available source of food and items when things went dark and people went home....

I wanted to know what the lighting might be like at night and if the park gates would be locked after dark. This could tell me much, not only about my own access to the park should I study it at night, but how accustomed the Sasquatch might be having the place to themselves.

I left home at 2 a.m. and drove to the park and the soccer fields. On this night, the gates were open, but the lighting was dim. There were about 50-plus trash containers on the soccer fields plus the containers placed throughout the park and picnic areas. With the dim light and the tree lines close by, these were great opportunities for the Sasquatch People. They certainly would have a plentiful area to work with at nighttime.

I continued on my trek to check out good spots where I could do vocals and tree knocks, etc, and found a few promising places.

I went home and at about 7:20 a.m., I arrived at the parking area. It was 67 degrees and sunny. I brought my bike to go to the creek and the right-of-way path. I rode to the right-of-way first. Neither place showed any changes from my set-ups.

After I reached the trail entry location, I added an arch limb and 3 blocking limbs at the trail entry location and took some photos.

I saw nothing new or changed from the formation of tires at this location. I moved the tires closer to the entry, but still in the woods.

(Bucket just 2 days previously)

I took down the gifting bucket and laid it on the ground behind the large tree just inside the tree line to the right of the broken cedar tree. I also laid some large limbs over the bucket partially covering it. Then, I left a photo of myself on the tree where the bucket had been located.

I moved all the gifting items to the new set-up with the tires. My recent set-ups, which were deeper in this area of the woods, may have offended the individuals, so I retreated to closer to the tree line and cedar break. I took photos of the changes and will come back to check for any changes.

April 20, 2014

I decided to visit the ditch area trail entry, my research area #1. I arrived around 7 p.m. and rode my bike to the site. Since it was Easter Day, the park picnic areas were full of families. The trash cans were overflowing with bagged trash, an enticing opportunity for anyone living off the park land.

When I arrived at the trail entry, the camo gifting bucket with attached 2 x 4 had been moved from behind the big tree on the ground to out in front of the trail entry onto the grassy area. That was the only thing I noticed.

The 4 tires set up with the gift items and food I left inside the tree line, had not been moved.

I decided to move the tires out of the woods to the trail entry grassy area. I put 2 tires on each side of the rail, one tire horizontal and the other vertical, stacked. I gathered all the gift items and for the time being will be taken with me. I also decided to take the bucket, as well. It would appear by their gesture, that they are telling me the bucket is not needed.

April 21, 2014

On this day, I decided to perform a follow-up visit. I reached the parking area about 4:45 p.m. I then hiked to area #1. Nothing had been moved as far as I could tell with the tires set-up. I did notice a large limb out in the middle of the grassy area parallel to the tree line and ditch. I didn't remember it from the day before.

As I was walking through the grassy area, I discovered four more pieces from the bumble bee stuffed animal. All the pieces were approximately 10 feet away from the original cotton pieces spot. This time, I found the head. I added 3 moss hanging spots onto the arch limb over the trail entry. I also added two limbs to the limb middle to make the double T-limb on the ground. At this time, I don't plan on visiting again for five days. 

April 22, 2014

I took these two photos at home. The intact bumble bee stuffed animal on the first picture is on its stomach and the next is a front view. Beside them are the pieces I recovered from the grassy area near the trail entry. The actual part that made it look like a bumble bee was the little jacket that was on the stuffed animal.

April 26, 2014

I brought a visiting couple with me this morning. Nothing had changed, but my friend put up a game cam to film while we were studying the research areas.

We continued east on the bike-hike trail. It was uneventful for the most part, but seeing it through my friends' eyes, I got a good perspective on what I was doing and the very real possibility this urban location housed Sasquatch, either living there, or trekking through.

On the way out, my friend picked up his camera and left some sweet treats on a tree branch. When we were done hiking, we took to the roads of the enormous park area and they were impressed by the sheer size of it.

May 3, 2014

On this Saturday morning, I arrived at the parking area and pulled out my bike to ride around the area. I headed over to area #1, the trail entry. I observed no changes. I did notice a possible step down on a limb in the grassy area, but deer, hogs, and humans could have done this.

I biked over to the right-of-way area and still no changes. I did see 7 deer while biking around, two along the bike-hike paved trail and the rest along the right-of-way. After my 7-mile circuit on the bike, I loaded up and headed home.

May 16, 2014

This time when I arrived, I headed to area #1 at the trail entry where the tire set-up was. Nothing had changed that I could tell. The doughnuts in the plastic wrapper were still in the same spot on the tree.

I readily admit, there is a bit of a letdown when you get no reaction in this field of study. You have to wonder; did they move on permanently? Are they traveling a circuit? Are they bored with the interactions? Will they come back?

I walked over to one of the open area's inside the tree line. I then walked to the tree that had previously been used for the gifting bucket and where I relocated al 4 tires around the tree. I then discovered the 2 long limbs that had been on the tires around the bucket tree. This was significant because when I removed the gifting bucket, tires and gifting items, I also moved the 2 long limbs to a spot approximately 10 feet away. I had laid them out perpendicular to their previous location on the tires.

The limbs had been moved. Why this particular set-up? Was it a subtle tease? Baffled by the motivations of the subject, I decided to add a 4 foot log vertically against the tree over the limbs. I moved the packaged of doughnuts onto the log. I also moved the tires from the trail entry area and stacked all four behind a large tree near the cedar break.

Let's see what you do with this!

May 18, 2014

I went biking on the bike-hike trail in the park on this morning. I went to all three locations and nothing had changed. Something did move the limbs last visit, but right then, I was wondering if the whole project had just deflated. Had I scared them off? Had they moved on to another location?

June 1, 2014

Today, my wife and I both took our bikes and rode around the park in the early morning before the weather turned hot. It was pleasant, but after checking the three exchange sites with no changes, I was feeling pretty discouraged.

Just when I was thinking it was time to consider giving up on the location, things took a change....

No comments:

Post a Comment