Andrea at Ghost Stories was sweet enough to bestow both these awards on me. Since I have had them recently (I feel so special to be included), I thought I'd answer her questions for her. I've passed them on before and I might like to add a few new people to pass them on to.
The beautiful blogger award tells you to share 7 things no one probably knows about you (damn, this is gonna be hard since ya'all know I have diarrhea of the brain)...
1. As a kid, when we went to our summer home on the Chesapeake, we'd drop crab traps off our dock. Since I was the tiniest kid, I had to put the chicken necks down inside it and then retrieve the crabs when the trap filled. I still have scars on my hands from their fighting--but, damn! They tasted good. Love my blue crab!
2. I once did spelunking (cave exploring) and rapelling down a mountainside. Never again!
3. I was a freestyle rollerskater and did elaborate dance routines, jumping, spinning (love to spin and get dizzy) and was still doing it when my son was little in our driveway. I think the neighbors thought I was either totally awesome or kind of savant.
4. I used to own an ATC (3 wheel offroad motorcycle) and grew up riding a dirt bike. I loved the dirt bike, hated the ATC (crashed all the time) and got rid of it within a year.
5. I dance just about every single day. I love to dance. Don't know if I'm any good, but I really love it.
6. When I got my IQ done in 6th grade, the teacher called my mom to the school. I thought, "oh shit, they realized I need the slow kid's class." It ended up they didn't know what to do with me because I'd scored on genius level. So, they allowed me to do more creative projects which was a blast. I'd get to decorate the classroom doors for Halloween and stuff which meant ditching class and I still got As and Bs without doing my homework, so I thought it was a sweet deal. They wanted me to concentrate on my abilities, but I was seriously only concentrating on boys at that time.
7. I hate the color blue. I know almost everyone's favorite color is blue. I think it's a brown-eyed, red-haired thing, but I know it instinctively looks horrible on me and when you live in the desert and there's so much freaking blue sky all the freaking time, you get to really hate it. Plus, as a kid I wanted to be a model and ALL models at that time had blue eyes. The first brown-eyed model I remember seeing was Cindy Crawford! So, the only blue you will ever see me in is jeans.
Okay, so for the second award, Life is Good, I am to answer 8 questions posed to me from Andrea:
1. If you could visit any haunted location, what would it be and why? Aspen Grove, my childhood home!
2. What's your favorite Halloween treat? I love miniature Milky Ways
3. What do you love most about blogging? Getting to know people and be myself and laugh a lot.
4. How old were you when the paranormal entered your life? From baby-hood.
5. Who do you admire the most? When I think of admiring someone, I think of wanting to be more like them. I'd probably say Bill Maher because he simply says how he feels about stuff and is extremely logical about it. Sometimes, he says things that are totally asanine, but he says them with conviction. That takes some cajones.
6. What is one thing you want to change about your past? Jeez, I wouldn't be who I am if I didn't have that past...I guess it'd have more to do with no focusing on making everyone around me happy at the expense of my own happiness. I never knew what I wanted because I didn't know I was allowed to want things or have my own goals or direction. I thought it was dictated by all the elders (baby of the family syndrome).
7. Favorite music? I love so much music--I guess if there's one that's a favorite genre, maybe classic rock (but not the 60s, more like the rock from the 70s/80s) or Reggae--it always makes me feel happy.
8. Is life beautiful? Hell ya! People aren't always beautiful, but life is. Nature, the seasons, the act of working out hard and feeling your muscles burn, being able to direct your own fate, learning something new every day, considering others and the world when making decisions, laughter is the most beautiful thing, having a universal view of the world...
Okay, so I'm passing on these awards to OldBlackCatBoo, Gummerfan and @eloh:
For the Beautiful Blogger award you have to list 7 things no one knows about you.
For the Life is Good award you can answer these 8 questions:
1. Chocolate or beer?
2. Who would you like to see be president?
3. Fast car or motorcycle?
4. Do you talk baby talk to pets?
5. Country you most want to visit?
6. If you had to live in a big city, which one?
7. What would you want to raise or grow on a farm?
8. Have you ever kept a diary?